Talk about a lesson though! We all decided we weren't going to let this affect the rest of our week, and later that night we all took a walk on the beach. 4 little smiling faces & 4 tiny pairs of feet were running across the sand. How could you not realize after the day we had just had, that life really isn't about the "stuff that we try to fill it with? None of it will ever bring you true joy or happiness. My kid was sleeping literally 10 feet away from one of the bags that was stolen & he was unharmed. If that's not God's protection then I don't know what is.
I mentioned my wallet was also stolen. I only had $5 cash in it, but i had to cancel all of my debit cards, etc. I said a couple of small prayers that week that our things would show up. Even though know it's not about the 'stuff' i knew that God knew where it was.
Anyways, the week after we got back Bryan got a call from a contractor who was working up in North Myrtle Beach. He was walking along a public beach access and stepped on my wallet in the bushes! My wallet was a little beat up and soaking wet from the rain, but everything except for the 5 bucks was inside. What the heck!?!? This nice man mailed it back to us and I got it last week. He thought I must've dropped it on the beach but when Bryan told him that it was physically taken out of my bag in the middle of the night he was shocked! Another lesson, that even the smallest prayers are heard.
I just realized that this story turned out to be way too long so I will have to include our vacation pictures in another post... so just remember that...
Life is not
| about stuff!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment